Here’s what you need to know about this recipe: it’s made in one dish (so less washing up – win), it uses just a few simple ingredients (so less shopping – also a win), it requires minimal prep (another win) and most importantly, it’s delicious. An ideal little number to add to your midweek repertoire, I’d say.
One pan harissa prawn & tomato orzo traybake
Prep: 2 mins
Cook: 25-30 mins
2 garlic cloves, peeled and slightly bashed with a knife
200g cherry tomatoes
300ml veg stock
2 tbsp harissa paste
½ lemon, cut into slices
165g pack raw king prawns
a few basil leaves, to serve
approx. 30g crumbled feta cheese or grated parmesan, to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 200/180 fan.
- In a medium-large roasting tray (I used a 20x25cm Falcon Enamel tray), drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil, throw in the cherry tomatoes and bashed garlic cloves (both whole) and lemon slices. Roast in the oven for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, coat the prawns with 1 tbsp harissa paste and set aside to marinate.
- After the tomatoes etc have been in the oven for 5 mins, pour in the orzo, vegetable stock, 1 tbsp harissa paste and a sprinkling of salt and pepper and stir until fully combined. Bake for 15 mins.
- After 15 mins, give the orzo another stir, fish out the garlic cloves, then place the prawns on top and bake for another 5 mins, until the prawns are cooked through.
- To serve, remove the lemon slices (as these will be bitter) and divide into two bowls. Scatter over a handful of basil leaves to garnish, plus some crumbled feta cheese or grated parmesan.