My homemade granola
Makes enough to fill a 1 litre jar
2 handfuls coconut flakes
1. Preheat oven to 190/170 fan.
2. Melt the coconut oil (in the microwave or a pan) and use some of it to grease a large, fairly deep-sided roasting tray (mine is 25 x 35cm). Set the remaining coconut oil aside for later.
3. Mix together the oats, seeds, chopped nuts and cinnamon. Then, pour in the melted coconut oil, whilst stirring constantly, until the mix looks entirely coated and no longer dry.
4. Tip the mix into your greased roasting tray and spread it out so as much of it is in contact with the bottom of the tray as possible. Drizzle over 3-4 tbsp. maple syrup, depending how sweet you like it.
5. Bake for 15 mins, then remove from the oven and use a spatula or wooden spoon to move the mix around the tray a bit. Scatter over the coconut flakes, then return to the oven for an extra five minutes, or until the coconut flakes have browned (keep an eye on it as they can turn quite fast!)